Well Steve,
I did a P/S conversion on my 4400. I did it back before there were kits so everything I did was done with donor parts and home fabrication. I replaced the steering column too, which was the main reason for the upgrade, a V-8 install. Anyway, the way I saw it was, you need a mid 70's 4X4 steering box so the pitman sticks out perpendicular to the frame like the steering arm on the L/F spindle does. I made a connecting rod from the pitman to the spindle using the 48 parts on one side and the 4X4 parts on the other with a tierod adjustment collar in between. To connect to the column I just made a collapsable shaft from some truck with a wobble joint on each end. Borgenson can set you up now days,
Good luck with the build, it shouldn't be all that hard. Just a lot of trial and error stuff,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!