Now Michael, it's just called old age, unfortunately experience comes with old age. When ya get to be an old timer and don't have a job to go to any more then you to will be doin stuff like this to keep busy.
Hey Red, ya gotta start surfin' McMaster Carr's catalog. just about any thing you might need to build things, well at least 80% of what you need.
No, I'm not gonna start taking in one of a kind jobs and then have someone calling me every other day wanting to know where there radio, switch, etc., is and why I haven't got it finished.
If I can accumulate enough carcasses like a few dozen to make a short production run of replacement parts practical, then I could offer some sort of exchange. that way I could spend an evening just doing one operation on a few dozen pieces and cut way down on the time.
In the future I'm planning on re-plating the parts also. Just this week I was in the process of setting up a zinc/cad plating line. But here again it's not worth just doing one piece. I need to do a whole batch of parts to make restoration of the plating practical.
But no, I'm not going to do one at a time.

I have the same thing in mind for the heater toggles If I can fine enough cores. Cores are a problem, seems most people would rather throw them away when they put the repop in rather than recycle them, must be the throw-away mentality that is so prevalent with today’s generation.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Last edited by Denny Graham; 03/30/2008 12:48 PM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL