Yep, I know where your coming from Jim. I ran into that today at the NAPA auto parts store. I stopped in to pickup one of those NAPA universal Temp gauges and ended up explainting to all three of the counter men how they worked. None of them knew anything about ether, vapor pressure, capalary or bourdon tubes but they were real intersted. Then when I told them that it was to repair the origninal temp head in the 1950 truck that was out front they got their coats and all headed out to look it over. Turns out one of the guys was the owner and had a '51, 3600 in high school and I thought for a minute he was gonna just give me the gauge to help save an original part. In the end he did charge me for it but I made some good contacts and they will know me next time I stop by.
My problem with the bimetal strip supplier is they are Swiss and I think they only have offices here in the States and non here in the Chicago area.
I think I did locate a source for the raw rubber though.
Gotta hit the sack, night all!
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL