Quote
Originally posted by 64fleetside:
I plan to add disc brakes, maybe paint, power steering.
The power steering might be easier on the 350 but I think more important is that if you're going to add more power driven accessories you might want more power.

Quote
Originally posted by 64fleetside:
I am leaning toward the 292, as everyone has a 350. Brian
292s aren't that rare, but more important to me is that the 292 may need to be rebuilt.
Nothing will be cheaper to rebuild than a 350. I'd bet the total cost of swapping a $250 350 in, compared to the cost of rebuilding the $150 292 might be significant.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...