Glenn,

I'm working on keeping a '35 Chev 1 1/2 ton original and like you, had a lot of the original truck to work with. I did buy new tires (and tubes and flaps) for it through Coker Tire (www.coker.com I think). If there's a car show or swap meet in your area that Coker will be at, you can order in advance and pick them up at the show. For the six tires I bought I saved about $150 in shipping that way. Coker's got an excellent selection of sizes and tread patterns for vehicles of that era.

Best of luck with your project. I hope that your cab wood is in good shape as that's one of the trickiest things to reproduce on those vintage Chevs.

John Larson


1935 Chevrolet 1.5-ton
1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 2-door
1965 **** F-250
1980 "Honda-Davidson" CB-750 Custom
1989 BMW 325i Convertible (wife's car)