Glenn,
I would absolutely agree that taking MANY detailed photos is essential. I have also made a point to keep at hand a stack of envelopes in which to put examples of all the screws, bolts, nails, and small parts that I've removed. While I'm no artist, I've tried to do simple drawings of where all these specific hardware parts came from and in what quantity. Taking these old body hardware parts to a good hardware store makes it that much easier to find exact matches (or as close to it as you can).
If you're looking to rewire the truck, You can either do it yourself by matching everything you pull out or buy pre-done wiring. While I can't say whether they've got your rig's wiring in stock, you may want to check out a site I found once which deals with vintage car and truck wiring. Rhode Island Wiring (
www.riwire.com) may make your task a simple one.
John Larson