I have two AD radio cabinets that need to be de-rusted, don’t they all. Last spring I mixed up a 10gal vat of De-Rust-It from concentrate. It worked! It worked good, that is as long as it was hot or relatively warm. Now that the cold weather has hit and we’re down around freezing, it donna work much at all!! Been soaking overnight and doesn’t seem to be doing anything.
All of the makers tell you that these chems work better if they are warm so it comes as no surprise. And although I’ve never taken a chemistry course I have observed that chemical reactions are speeded up by heat.
So my problem now is how do I bring me 10gals of mix in me 20gal Rubbermaid vat up to 120° or so with out melting the container????
I picked up one of those aluminum propane turkey fryers this summer at a garage sale for a couple of bucks, might just try to use that as a container if it will hold up to the chems, whatcha think?
Now where’s that guy that sold me this stuff when you need him!
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL