Originally Posted by Hot Rod Dad
I'm sorry, I have one question about the V8 conversion. If you were going with an engine that made significantly more power than an inline 6, I could understand a V8 conversion. But at 140 hp for a typical stock 305, you stand to gain very minimal power improvement, and may actually lose some torque.
So why go through the trouble to convert if you're not going to step up in power?

Just curious. If the 305 is built for better power, than I totally understand. They are capable of about 330 hp on pump gas when built up. It's just that in stock form, they were very weak.
Actually very simle.. My sixer is 55 yrs old and needs a TOTAL rebuild. The 305 is free, sets me up for a 350 if I should ever want, it has a power steering pump and AC unit, and I plan on scraping the whole torque tube setup. In the end this is to become my everyday driver, not a restoration.