You didn't state that you had disconnected the U Joint at the Drive shaft - obviously, this will need to be done. IT isn't clear to me what you are trying to do. Are you removing the transmission and the engine as one assembly? If so, then you don't need to unbolt it - if you do unbolt it, then there are four bolts that hold it to the engine - you didn't clarify if you saw only two or all four. There are three motor mounts that hold the engine to the frame. The front mount, and one on each side. I pulled my engine in June, and the clearance was so close I had to unbolt both the rear mounts not only from the frame, but from the engine as well and then I set them aside. Also, after haveing just done this 5 months ago, I would strongly advise removing the radiator cage, along with the obvious (fan blade, radiator, etc) - you'll hate to mess with the cage, but it sure will make things easier.


J.D. Jordan