Jerry is 100% Right!!! Spring compressors are cheap compared to hospital bills, if your that lucky!

I swapped coils on my toyota and it took a lot of patience and time and also finding that happy medium with clearances to get them out.

If I remember correctly I jacked up the front end and let the springs expand as far as they could go. Then due to clearances I put the spring compressors only on the 2 or 3 middle coils and got them compressed enough to move. Unbolt the suspension that gets in the way and wiggle those outta there. It took me a few tries to get the compressors on the coils properly so that I could remove them, but time pays off, still have all my fingers and toes!

Dont screw around with this. Good luck, Jeff


My 1953 Chevrolet
1947.1 Gallery
1972 C-10 1/2 Ton & 1972 C-30 1 Ton