Mike E, Since you seem to have fuel, spark, and air it would seem that this might be a timing issue. One possible answer, since your engine was just rebuilt, is that the cam may have been installed 180 degrees out of phase. To check this remove the #1 spark plug and rotate the engine slowly until you feel pressure developing with your finger at the #1 sparkplug hole. Watch the timing hole and you should see the ball on the flywheel line up with the pointer when you are at TDC. The distributor rotor should now be pointing at the #1 position as well. Putting the cam in 180 degrees out of phase is very easy to do. While I was doing my engine rebuild I had the cam in and out of the engine three times as I degreeing the cam and one of the times I installed it 180 degrees out of phase. If I had not been degreeing my cam, I might not have noticed this problem right away.