MikeE, Are the sparkplugs new? I have seen times where I thought the plugs were fine and I saw spark, but the engine was still hard to start. I installed new plugs and the engine now started fine. I gave up on trying to clean sparkplugs to save money years ago. Have you tried spraying starting fluid down the carb w/ the throttle valve open? If it is a fuel delivery problem and the engine is not flooded it should run on the starting fluid or gas poured down the carb and then die when what you added has run out. You appear to be getting gas, so I still think it is either timing or spark. I know you say you are getting spark, but maybe it is not a strong enough spark. Do you have another coil you could try? Maybe another distributor to try as well?


1954 GMC 1/2-ton Longbed
1971 Pontiac LeMans Sport