Just wanted to say a great big thank you for all the advice and pics and parts. I tackled the brakes today and got 'em all done except for adjusting them. The parking brake system really is simple once you have the right parts (thanks John). And that long spring didn't give me much trouble once I figured out that the best way to do it is to install the cable to the rod and then deal with putting the clevis on the lever.
One last tiny item, I noticed that the brackets that hold the cable ends have a hole in them which looks like there should be a small bolt or screw that goes in there, possibly to hold the cable in place? The cable seems pretty secure and I noticed that there wasn't anything like that in the photos, so maybe I'm wrong about that. Not that I'm ever wrong.
Thanks again for everything!