Okay, I got my vinyl parking brake cables and stuff from Jim Carter, so I tried to tackle that project today. The long spring looks like it goes thru the backing plate and between it and the parking brake shoe lever. But it pushes against the lever quite a bit which makes me wonder if that's correct. Plus half the time it knocks the connector off the lever. Has anybody dealt with these vinyl covered cables and is that the correct way it is supposed to be? I'm thinking that the spring should be on the other side (outside) of the mounting plate between it and the end of the cable housing?

Secondly, does anybody have a photo or a good description of what the parking brake system is like on a '41 Chevy half ton? Mine looks like it was jury rigged with cables tied off onto a tension bolt or rod (like those things you used to tighten the cables on a gate or truss rod). On my new cables, there's no place for the other ends (threaded) to bolt on to.

Hope this all makes sense. Wish I had a digital camera to explain it better.


Charlie

Rustzilla, '41 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup