Josiah: In hindsight, I would probably do what you did in getting some new cables made up. Do all instrument places do that?

46 Inprogress: Thanks for the pix and help. It's nice to have photographic evidence of what it's supposed to look like. It appears that we're at about the same stage on our trucks. Wish I could post a photo of my truck, but I've got this webtv thingy which doesn't do that kind of fancy stuff. But it looks much like yours does. I have to ask you about the grain chute, what's that all about? I'm about to tackle the brake lines after getting the parking brake done. I've got the pre-formed stainless steel ones ready to go (okay, I've had them for a couple of years and they haven't gone anywhere yet). Also got an extra brake hose if anybody needs one. Whoever heard of a truck that only uses 3 brake hoses??? I'd like to hear how things turn out on your truck.


Charlie

Rustzilla, '41 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup