ADVICE:
On my 54 1 ton, it has the old original vacuum wiper motor. Like most vacuum type motors, going up hills and or accelerating they slow down. No, let me correct this, they stop.
The way I see it, I have maybe 4 options here.
A. Install a dual action fuel pump.
B. Install an electric replacement wiper motor.
C. Don't drive in the rain.
D. Simply just live with it.
Option "A" doesn't sound to bad or too expensive, plus it probably wouldn't hurt to replace the fuel pump anyhow. Option "B" is to purchase an electric wiper motor, but they are not very cheap, but are they should be more reliable. On the other side of the coin, I have read where this may interfere with the original radio, if so equipped. (mine's not, but it is going to be)
How about this thought. Has anyone ever thought (or had heard) of using a small reserve vacuum tank reservoir with a small check valve so the engine won't suck the vacuum back into the intake manifold. Would this gain anything or is this just completely a supid thought???
On my truck the passengers side wiper control arm has been disconnected. I think it was to give what power it had to the drivers side wiper. I don't know know for sure, but sounds good to me.
I know that I am not the only one that has this problem, I would like to see how others have fix this little problem.