Quote
Originally posted by Denny Graham:


Enough of that, now to keep the wheels turning, Scott, how ya doin? There seems to be a lot more 16.5” tires available in the flotation tires. I don’t understand that, I would think that because with the shallow angled bead that the 16.5 tires would have more of a problem off road. I would expect the deeper straight-sided bead seats to be more popular, but what do I know.
I'm doing good if being too busy is good (which it is). I'm very deep into this 48 Fleetmaster that I'm building. I have the entire drivetrain fitted and installed and am working on the steering and pedal placement inside the car. A lot of trial and error fitting, but going alright I guess.

My 16.5 tires are of the mudder and off road style. I love the look of the old school aluminum slots and B.F. Goodrich makes the exact sized tire I need for these rims, 35 x 10 x 16.5. The price is comparable to other sizes and I know I won't actually be off-roading my restored truck so the 16.5's will do me just fine. This thing will be more of a towing rig than anything, probably will never see incliment weather again. It's the "look" more than anything.

Quote
Originally posted by Denny Graham:
See Big, now that ya got to know me, I’m not so normal after all am I? But if I want to keep my “big old wife” happy and get her to go for a ride once in awhile I have to do something. Those square tires are shaking both our dentures out of place not to mention what it’s doing to the suspension and light bulbs.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL
What is normal with truck guys anyway? We're the most anal group there is! You fit right in.
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!