we b old , I know exactly what you mean. I get that twinge of jealousy/envy whenever I see em.

Coach-frank, They're really not hard to do, they just redefine the old "Measure twice cut once." I think the hardest part is that I quit smoking going on about 2weeks now. Hopefully that explains all the cussin and throwin stuff!

Windows?............ I knew I forgot something.......
The trickiest part is you can only get about 3/4" deep in the door before you hit the window track. I still have to make an 'S' bend on the top hinge to get the door to swing out 90 degrees(without the back of the door hitting the cab) and close properly.

Baldy, What are your suicide doors on? Where I'm from, you only see suicide doors on high-dollar rods. I wonder if it's because most shops charge an arm & a leg for em, or they have more taste than I do?. To each his own, it took me about a month to convince my wife to let me do them she thinks they would ruin the truck. Oh well, she doesn't have to ride in it .... :blat:

Smitty , just as an idea, LMC lists doors from '47 - '50 and '52 - 55. I'm not certain but the only difference should be w/or w/out vent windows.


"If it ain't broke, I haven't gotten ahold of it yet!"
'51 Chevy 1/2 Ton 5 window
'55 Chevy 210 wagon
'75 Chevy C10
'84 S10 Blazer
'85 K5 Blazer
'01 Monte Carlo SS
One VERY understanding wife
http://community.webshots.com/user/51rustbucket