| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
4 members (papas52, Shade Baby, 2 invisible),
91
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,340 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#22811 04/06/2004 2:17 AM | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 55 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 55 | Yes you can swap in a T-5 relatively easily. I don't think it's a direct bolt up. The mounting holes on T-5 have to be enlarged, and you'll have to run a different clutch disc (depends on number of splines). While you're in there you might as well replace the entire clutch, unless it's new. I'm about to do the same thing with my '68 and 250. I got a T-5 from a '91 Camaro which has a .63 overdrive. I'll have to overcome the shifter issues, but it'll be worth it. Take a glance through some of these links and I think some of your questions will be answered. http://www.thirdgenresource.com/transmissions_information/ http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/t5tranny2.htm Also go to www.inliners.org On the left side you'll see a list. Click on "Tech Tips", and then you'll see another list. Just click on the T-5 page. Hope this helps. John
1968 Chevy C-10, 250 and 3 speed on floor, Hedman headers, Offy intake, Edelbrock 600cfm 4 barrel, HEI 1966 Chevy C-10, motor and tranny went into the '68. Waiting to be restored.
| | |
| |
| |