Hmmmm ,, ok ,, so this is about my wifes '73 Monte Carlo .
Nothing like a stovebolt , but I know some of you are very keen on the V8 , so I hope you can help.
I have balanced all the wheels and there is still a vibration , right on 60mph , it seems to come up thru the seat , not thru the steering wheel.
All I can see underneath is a litle slop at the front of the driveshaft . The yoke into the rear of the trans has a little up and down movement , it shows about an inch of bare shaft before it disappears into the trans rear seal.
Does this sound normal ?
Is there a bushing that normally wears there and is easily replaced ?
How firm on the splines should the yoke be , I am concerned at the movement there .
The U joints seem very sound .

Any thoughts gratefully recieved .