hey Bob! didn't weigh in cuz I have no idea what the rv cam would change, but in my experience, 8° advance for a start point is what works for the 283, and any I've had work ok around there - idle should be able to adjust down to 450 - 500rpm when well warmed up, but I keep mine a bit higher warm so that it stays high enuff cold w/o using the choke [2bbl] - maybe 600 - I don't have test equip, even had my timing light stolen awhile back - I just tweak a bit to see if it talks back and listen to what it tells me! grin try 8 and twiddle the idle and mix screws to smooth the idle to about 600 - wandering idle maybe slight vacuum leak?

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics