I smoothed the booger out some more by adjusting the idle mixture, smoothed out the fluctuation too. It seems better at 8 deg advanced so I put it back there for now. Still idling a bit high, near 1000 (the old tach in the booger just ain't that accurate).

Do either of ya'll have a feel for what the vacuum pressure ought to be? (is vacuum pressure a contradiction of terms?) it's abot 15 in now. With the mixture adjustment there is almost no detectable fluctuation. I might even be immagining it now 'cause I'm listening so dang hard!

Also, it's dieseling when I shut it off hot now. Is this a timing issue or because I leaned out the carb or none of the above?

I'm gonna keep tweaking the mixture until I can max out the vacuum - hadda take a break to grab a glass of JD, it's freakin hot out there!

I'll still be taking it to a shop to put it on a dyno but half the dang fun of owning the old girl is screwin' with her!

Boy, hope my wife doesn't read this she'll think I'm talkin' about her!

THX.


Bodega Bob
http://www.submarinestore.com

Where's my tin foil hat?!?