| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,242 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | 42 Chevy, it all depends on what YOU WANT. If you like to keep your area nice and clean then paint it. In the past couple years I have built my nephews shop (38x52) and mine 30x40, and we painted both BUT used different paint. On his we used the two part apoxy from Lowes and it has held up to his abuse extremely well after two years. For mine I used the one step paint "with apoxy" in it and it has held up FAIRLY well. The key to any job is preparation. We did find out that the better you etch it the better it will be so don't be shy pouring on the muriatic acid. Properly etched it will look/feel like about 22 grit sand paper. While my floor has not held up as good it was less costly and I do like to be able to wipe up spills etc pretty easy. It definitely helps when sweeping the floor and will clean up nice. I have some spare paint left and when I do get some rough spots I will paint them which the spots would look no worst than oil spots!! They can be a little slippery but I try to clean up spills ASAP and also after using it some the floor isn't quite as slick. I vote to paint it but its your shop!!! | | |
| |
| |