Without skill and funds, it'll be hard to accomplish this. With that said, there's no time like the present! An old truck is a great way to learn. I've done more fabricating, wrenching and learning as I go on my '65 than any other car I've owned. The great majority of it was with the help of people here. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Try to do as much homework as possible before starting a particular project and you'll make less mistakes and have to do less rework.

I'm guessing you have a '63? The easiest and cheapest way to do what you're asking would be dropped springs and notch the frame in rear to give you more travel. Classic Performance has everything you need and then some. CPP drop kit
You'll want to get their notch kit if you're going to haul. In the front, you may have to trim down the steering stops a bit and install some shorter bumpstops.
I did a write-up on my Yayhoo! group about lowering my '65. I bagged the rear and for lack of funds did a bunch of fabricating on lower control arms to get the front down. The bags work real nice. I've hauled quite a few heavy loads and it's all good. To view my write-up under "Files", you've gotta join the group. That's just the way Yayhoo! has things setup unfortunately. Here's the link: Kustoms-and-Sleds
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20