YES YOU CAN!
Look at it this way: You might probably need to replace the 40-year-old+ springs (front and rear) anyway, so putting in a some two-inch drop springs will cost little more money, and no extra time.
You're 15...you aren't hauling a race car or big fishing boat. You're going to be hauling parts, some buddies, coolers, camping gear, junk from home depot, and furniture (with any luck, a girlfriends! Nothing like having a girlfriend who needs furniture hauled...ALWAYS worth the effort!) I'll be amazed if you're ever hauling more than 1000 pounds in the next few years.
At the point where you do start hauling heavy loads, the engine you have won't be up for it, nor will the trans...without being totally rebuilt, anyway. So lower your truck, enjoy it, and make it safe and functional. (go through total steering, suspension, seatbelts, etc)A 2/4 drop (2 front/4 rear) is usually about right, striking great balance between looks and function. You DON'T want to be getting hung up on speed bumps and driveways all the time.
ps: I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota I lowered 2/4, and I've pulled an 1800lbs trailer, loaded with a '54 Buick, '57 Chevy, '56 Chevy, numberous times, '58 Buick (will admit that one stressed things--me included!), hundreds of pounds of steel, landscape timbers, a couple 2-ton landscape rocks, a whole trailer load of shop equipment/appliances when I moved, and more. Never a problem--except that '58 Buick. So, yeah, you can moderately lower a truck, and still use it as a truck. Even a stick-shift, 2001 Dodge Dakota with a 4.7L V8.
-Brad