atomarc- Yup, completely rebuilt radiator & rebuilt water pump. I can see water movement when I peer in, is that good enough? When we flushed it in the begining we got a lot of black crud out of a spot down on the bottom of the motor on the driver's side.

Red58- When we stopped the second time on the way into town we had a big trail of water behind us. After I heat it up about 10 mins (at 6:30am) & then drive off to take the daughter to school with the needle just past the C, it nearly makes it to the middle of the gauge by the time we go the 3 miles to get there. I think it's sending and posting accurate temperature.

The compression in each cylinder is supposedly 120. Could the head gasket be bad (it probably is) enough to cause something to make it overheat with the thermostat?

I'm getting several new grey hairs every week on this one eek

Thanks, Sabrina


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane