Roy Thanks. I'm pretty sure the timing is good. I have no idea what the vac advance is. I guess it's time for a search - fast. After finding all that gunk that came out of the head, I always figured there could be more. What I can't understand is how if there are stoppages, why does it run so cold without the stat?
Don Gwartney The radiator was
completely rebuilt. I'm going to have to check on those fan issues. Should the air it is pulling be cool? We tried for a more-blade fan but didn't find one that fit. You've got me going on the direction of the thermostat. Alberto assured me to put the copper side down, flat side with the sensor and the pointy side up. Told me to call the mechanic if I still wasn't sure. Called & he said the same. I put the flat side down into the hole where the little recession is so it would be able to touch the water. Do I have it a%# backwards
Sabrina