Well, I searched the archives, but I couldn't find answers to a the following....thanks in advance for replies.
Just bought a "1950" Chevy pickup for my daughter. But the VIN plate is gone, the title says 1951, and everything I can tell about the body says "1953". The motor is the more modern 6 that didn't go in originally until 1954.
Question 1...is there a place to look for a "hidden" VIN number?
Next, we have to decide how much new/how much old we want to go.
Question 2...I understand the modern 292 Chevy six won't mate up to the early trans...correct? Too bad if true, there are many available as industrial engines in my part of the world. It looks like it would simplify many installation problems you have with a V8.
I have my eyes on a "donor" 1990 Chevy Suburban. I'd like to put a modern steering column on for safety, and possibly do a drivetrain swap, etc.
While looking for engine swap info, I found that folks were replacing front clips, and replacing the old frames with those from S10 pickups.
Goofball question 3...has anyone put a 47-55 on to a new pickup or suburban frame/running gear?
My daughter wants this on the street today, but I have a few more weeks with my son's 74 Nova...