In the recent "ebay forum" thread I saw a few complaints that the swap meet was hard to use and not user friendly. I view it everyday and find it very easy to use, so I'll tell you how Ken (Motion Guru)taught me to check it a couple years ago. At the top of the home page click on "swap meet", when the swap meet comes up, click on the red "browse ads" right in the middle of the page. Bang, there's every ad from all catagories posted in the order they were placed. This morning there were 3 new ads, none were of interest to me so I backed up to the home page where I started and clicked on Forums. This morning I timed it and it was a 12 second detour on my way here. And I'm on dial up.
A couple times a year I place some ads for parts for sale on the swap meet before I go to ebay with the parts. Would rather give the guys here first shot and it is much easier for me than the ebay hassle. I'll admit that the swap meet won't take my regular user name (Barry Weeks)that I use here. I'm a pretty simple guy and can't remember lots of new, different stuff, so I skip the space and use BarryWeeks for my swap meet name. Same password and everything. So yes, I do have to remember to leave the space out when I log into the swap meet. I can do that. If I have problems, I know I can ask Joy for help and get personalized service. For this she is paid the same as Tony gets for being moderator. Let's see, multipy by 12, divide by 3, carry the 1, that would be ...$0. John and Peg have never charged anything to post ads on here either. So my total cost to advertise some parts on here, including help if I need it, is $0. Same cost for a wanted ad if I'm looking for parts. My monthly ebay bill when I sell parts on there is staggering, so I'm thinking the Stovebolt Swap Meet is a pretty good bang for the buck really. And I can't get any help at ebay!
On my recently placed ads here, I have had little response, but if I do sell something of value, I will be sure to send John and Peg a little donation to help keep the site going. It's only fair. My recent ads here took me about 20 minutes to place and cost me nothing! I have no complaints here, and really appreciate Joy keeping things inline over in the swap meet.