I sold a 67 Camaro in September to pay medical bills following quadruple bypass surgery. This isn't quite as bad as it sounds, because we had 2 67 Camaros...a base model Sport Coupe and an RS/SS. We sold the Sport Coupe and still have the RS/SS. But I'd built it as a gift for my wife and it was hard to see it go.

It was a fine running car (355 twin-four, TH700 trans) and its only real shortcoming was the cheap paint job that the previous owner had put on it. (I had planned to do a complete stripping of the paint and put some nice new stuff on there...but that ol opening of the chest kinda put a damper on the projects for this year.) I got what I asked for it, but darn it, it was still hard to let go.

Seems that there are some cars/trucks that I don't mind selling (we just had to trade my wife's 95 Blazer in cuz the front end was shot...along with a bunch of other problem...I didn't mind seeing that one go at all) and some that I'm really attached to. I've got a 63 Nova that I haven't driven for 18 months, but I'll give that up when they pry it from my cold, dead hands. Same goes for my old Ugly Truck, a 64 C10.