Sorry to hear about your misfortune. In 1988, I had my '66, C-10 stolen from a nice area in Mission, KS. She was parked between a late model Alfa and a BMW. Neither of the cars were more that 2-3 years old. The sad thing is I had just restored her a few months earlier while taking an auto body course in college.
I felt like I lost my best friend when I came out early one Saturday morning and she was gone. Even worse, the police found her a few days later and I had to go to the impound yard and identify my old truck. What a shame. The thiefs just tore that thing apart. There was nothing left. Not only that, but the insurance company told me she wasn't worth $100.00 the way she sat.
I insured that truck for $3,500.00 ($1,700.00 for what I bought her for and $1,700.00 for the materials and parts I bought fixing her up). I took the settlement from the insurance company. Even though I was a recent college graduate needing the money, I have regretted that decision ever since. All I have left are a few before and after photos.
These old trucks have a way of endearing themselves to their owners and I'm not immune to that illness. Best of luck replacing your old friend.