Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,182 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#16338 06/10/2004 8:50 PM | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 581 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 581 | Never heard of a "Spark-Plug Hole" Chaser - sounds like just the ticket.
I guess puttin' plugs back in and driving it doesn't sound too bad - Heck, I'm assuming REBUILD anyway, so not TOO much to lose . . .
That brings back the fuel delivery issue. After it gets warm, it will usually get to 4th gear before it begins - gradually - losing power, like it's starving, until it dies all together. It will restart after a couple minutes, but the less of a break it has, the sooner it will repeat it's little trick.
Since I put on a rebuilt Carter W-1, I haven't taken it out to test, due to the other issues. HOWEVER, the clear fuel filter I put in just prior to the Carb doesn't EVER seem to FILL with fuel.
My plan was to install a new mechanical fuel pump with glass bowl filter I've wanted to put on anyway.
If that doesn't seem to do the trick, then to heck with it, and I'll get the Gas tank cleaned and sealed and put in new lines WHILE I'm REBUILDING the engine. While I'm at it, maybe I'll just take the cab off the frame, take the tires off the wheels and repain them, have the Fire Pump rebuilt, sandblast the diamond plate, and rewire the whole truck.
Shouldn't take more than a decade . . .
-Michael | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mikestem | 06/10/2004 4:36 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| WilsoninLondon | 06/10/2004 5:05 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| chiphead | 06/10/2004 5:50 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mikestem | 06/10/2004 6:54 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mechainiac | 06/10/2004 7:11 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Fred T | 06/10/2004 7:40 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mechainiac | 06/10/2004 7:46 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mikestem | 06/10/2004 8:50 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Tony M | 06/10/2004 11:15 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Hotrod Lincoln | 06/11/2004 3:50 AM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mikestem | 06/11/2004 4:12 AM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| stevec | 06/11/2004 2:26 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mikestem | 06/11/2004 3:28 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| stevec | 06/11/2004 10:31 PM | |
| |