Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,182 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#16334 06/10/2004 6:54 PM | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 581 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 581 | Chip, It's the earlier, non-pressure lubing 235. I'm partial to keeping it original, so I won't be swapping in a later 235, though I understand why most do. I'm even backwards enough to consider maintaining the Babbit Bearings. And yeah, I'm pretty intimidated by doing a rebuild, but I would really like the engine to be in top-notch shape. AND, among other things, I'm in this hobby to learn. You don't get far in life if you're too scared to step out the door. So, I'm alright with a rebuild. I've got another firetruck ('51 6400) to play with while this one's down. I WILL probably let a Machine shop do the short block assembly for me. It may be more expensive, but cheaper in the long run versus ruining the engine! Besides, as long as I've got all you stovebolters to constantly pester, what's to worry about?! I'm open to being educated about the "symptoms" the truck is showing, so I know better next time. Thanks for the help, -Michael | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mikestem | 06/10/2004 4:36 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| WilsoninLondon | 06/10/2004 5:05 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| chiphead | 06/10/2004 5:50 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mikestem | 06/10/2004 6:54 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mechainiac | 06/10/2004 7:11 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Fred T | 06/10/2004 7:40 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mechainiac | 06/10/2004 7:46 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mikestem | 06/10/2004 8:50 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Tony M | 06/10/2004 11:15 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Hotrod Lincoln | 06/11/2004 3:50 AM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mikestem | 06/11/2004 4:12 AM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| stevec | 06/11/2004 2:26 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| Mikestem | 06/11/2004 3:28 PM |
Re: Good, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad
| stevec | 06/11/2004 10:31 PM | |
| |