It's also possible to retro-fit a computerized engine to use a carburetor and a distributor- - - - -create a "dumb" engine that doesn't need an engineer with a long pedigree to do basic maintenance. I'm in the process of doing that to a Ford 5.4L 3 valve overhead cam engine- - - - -as well as disabling the variable valve timing. I'll drive a GM HEI distributor with vacuum advance for an Oldsmobile V8 from the front end of one of the overhead cams. I'll be running a Q jet and plugging off the injector holes in the intake manifold.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!