In the meantime I have read through the 261build in the tech section, re read the attatche book, reviewed the engine section in my 55-59 chevy truck manual and the engine section in my 49-54 chevy pasenger car manual. And of course reading posts here on the Forum. Additionally I have been watching will it start and rebuild videos on the 235.
So, if you are going to rebuild an engine is there a benifit to getting it to run prior to tear down? I understand it has to rotate to make removal of the flywheel and bell housing easier but is there a benifit to hearing it run?
Also what is the difference between an overhaul and a rebuild? As I understand it. An overhaul is when you replace bearings, seals and rings but do not do any machine work. A rebuild involves machine work, and close to new everything. Or at this date have the terms become interchangeable?
Chris
Rock49 aka C-Rodg work in progress 1956 Chevy 3100 261 engine