Hello all, I am in the Kansas City area and my project truck (56 3100 with 261) is in central Arkansas. Not complaining, it's just the situation I am in. So wanting something to tinker with here, I gambled and bought a 235 engine for $200. I should take posession of it this weekend. I have wanted to try my hand a rebuilding an engine so I'm pretty stoked to do the tear down. Of course its a gamble so I'm not getting worked up to do the rebuild in the event its a bad block or head.
Currently its in a late 40s- early 50s truck and apears to have come from a 58-62 car (a guess based on breather and valve cover)
Acording to the seller it is "stuck". From the photos you can tell that at some point someone robbed the carburetor and the points/condenser.
Once I take possession I will post the casting #s At present the only number I have is for the head 3836848
As I progress I will post pics.
Rock49 aka C-Rodg work in progress 1956 Chevy 3100 261 engine