The steering box on my pickup is about 1" from the exhaust pipe, and the pipe runs directly beneath the splash pan which the bottom of the box almost touches the splash pan, so with both splash pans intact and the hood closed the heat really builds up, I could probably bake a potato in there on a 45 minute drive. Anyway no matter what lubricant i try it manages to seep out through the gasket on the (engine side) of the box and leaks down onto the exhaust pipe. In past years I have tried 90w gear oil, 90w gear oil and JD cornhead grease mixed, and just cornhead grease, and the lubricant levels were never full, but just above the sector and worm gear level. I'm thinking of cleaning out the box and using a high temp wheel bearing grease, any thoughts or suggestions on that scenario? Check the attached photos: