Thanks guys for the interest and information. I have two steering boxes, the original which I redid with NOS worm gear shaft-sector-bushings-gaskets and seal; the other one is an NORS one that a I got 25 years ago and it has had new gaskets and a seal. I have used the new type seal instead of the cork seal on the sector shaft, and they don't leak, it's the side cover gasket that leaks and I have tightend the 4 bolts a couple of times and it the lubricant oozes out there after it gets hot. I'm trying to figure which lubricant to use as this is going to be a winter project, it is a project just to R&R the steering assembly. If the box continues to leak I may put a piece of pig mat under it to hopefully catch the lubricant before it gets on the exhaust pipe.
Thanks again,
Glen


1938 half ton pickup