Originally Posted by Otto Skorzeny
What is the difference? Is the hole spacing incorrect on the reproduction bumpers?
As far as I can tell, the hole spacing was the same. The shape of the bumper brackets was the issue. I bolted the OEM brackets to the repop bumper and it was obvious the brackets were not going to fit on the frame as they weren't parallel. I tried pulling them together and actually put a small kink in the repop bumper (which was not spring steel like the OEM bumpers are.) For some reason, the repop brackets were shaped to fit the repop bumper correctly.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.