Today I decided to install my rear bumper on 1953 half ton project. My truck came with 2 nice original rechromed bumpers that were not installed. I assumed that one was a front and one was a back. I installed the front a while back. Neither one fit perfectly, so I used the one that looked closest to matching up. Now the left over one is much more curved than the rear brackets appear to allow for. According to the LMC catalog, the front & rear bumpers are different, or at least they have different part numbers. Can any of you tell me basically what the difference is? Also, both of my bumpers have the middle hole. I understand what that hole is for in the front, but not necessarily in the back. Also, LMC lists 2 different numbers for front and rear brackets for the bumpers. At a glance, mine look about the same, so maybe mine are not all correct for their location. I thought that this part would be easy, but maybe not. I think that my holes in the rear are close enough in location that I could probably use some long bolts to pull the bumper and brackets together and make it work. I just hate to take a chance on cracking the nice new chrome on the bumper unnecessarily. If one of you can educate me a little here I'll appreciate it.