Not sure would need fancy heads on a 350, they make plenty power bone stock for my needs
I do my own engine assembly I want to know what parts are in there.
But yes won’t be cheap i figure some where in the 10 to 15K range all in.
Joe I kind of wonder about going with something like the T350 but I have to deal with some fairly steep hills
Around here running a slightly lower ratio, so when it drops out of OD it will have the power to get up the hills.
Yes gas mileage is very much related to aerodynamic drag.
In theory the 250 should do ok they do run the 4.3 in pickups with the auto trans.
Lump the head maybe bigger valves, roller lifter with a torque cam.
I was thinking about a 6 inch dog house would probably get the needed room.