I'm referring to engines that were not designed with fuel injection as the intended fuel source. There's a lot more to it than simply spraying a mist of gas somewhere in the general vicinity of the cylinders. Properly designed F.I. is sequential with the firing order, each injector is aimed at the back side of the intake valve and sprays just before it opens, and there's enough of a closed feedback loop to adjust the fuel/air mixture several times a second. None of the P.T. Barnum pocket pickers who sell aftermarket injection systems can come even close to the performance of a well-designed factory F.I. system.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!