Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
Actually, there is a simple solution to the V8 exhaust/steering issue on an AD truck. The exhaust manifold for a 265 Chevy has a front outlet that allows a small block V8 to be mounted on center, and does not require relocating the steering gear. Since people prefer the ram's horn exhaust manifolds, those 265 exhausts are dirt cheap at swap meets. If you don't like the generator mounting bosses on the driver's side manifold, the passenger's side will fit and put the outlet ahead of the steering box.

These are WAY overpriced- - - -just included them for the visual example.

www.ebay.com/itm/266983932793?

Jerry

Do you think that would also apply to an Art Deco half ton? I was leaning toward keeping the straight axle but swapping the rear end for an open driveline. I have a '41 that is still in the planning stages.

I already have a 283 to work with but have also been considering an Atlas 4.2 six or a 3.7 five banger. A 250 was also a consideration as I do need to have an automatic transmission.

Thoughts and opinions much appreciated.

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!