Well, another update. This time of year is typically when I start the process of getting capacitors (from Germany where this specific one is made) and this time there is very likely going to be an extra fee...at least one I haven't had in the past and the maker is adding extra for that possible eventuality. That and the already imposed 2025 USPS rate increases make it seem unavoidable the cost will have to be increased somewhat. Not tremendously but a bit. There will be a tariff imposed on the importation of the parts and while I will not entertain and will delete any discussion or even any comment political you should understand I am not fundamentally opposed to tariffs from purely an economic point of view. The reason is because in the 50+ years I've studied economics (I have two degrees in the subject fwiw), I've not seen tariffs account for more than .5 to 1% of any nation's revenue...and you have to take certain liberties of imagination to arrive at even that much. However in this case it is a specific increase in costs and my contract includes and has required that I pay up front for them, so we'll need to see. Just a heads up for you and a glimpse into what happens behind the scenes. As for the postal rate increases, I don't know if there is an easy answer there. Way too many moving parts go into the calculation of those rates and even though they're extortionately high in my opinion, they are lower than the rates in many countries. My guess is when the dust settles we're going to be looking at somewhere between $13 and $14 each, delivered.
But look on the good side. We're not talking about eggs.