Hi folks,
The condenser project (which began over 4 years ago) has been well received and the project definitely is continuing. Thanks very much to everyone who has supported it! This post is being made not as a historical review but just to bring everything current as of today. I still import the capacitor from Germany and it is still made by the same company and designed to have a life between 200,000 and 300,000 operating hours...an incredibly long time even if you use your truck 24 hours a day. Occasionally somebody asks a question like "I've had this 3 years...do I need to replace it?" The answer is "thanks, but you should never have to replace it." The brass still comes from a firm in Chicago and the wiring connectors are made by Emerson.

Despite 6 increases in USPS rates, numerous increases in the cost of electronic component parts, increases in the cost of brass, copper, wire and even the little flag-type connectors, the price has been left at $12 each including cost of shipping within the USA. In these days of inflation, how can that be? Please understand any project I do which produces a part for sale puts no money in my pocket. That's right. Some people have told me I should be charging more for these, but I'll resist doing that because any of these projects have been designed to first pay for themselves (this one has done so at this point) and second to spill funds into work on other projects. In particular these days the project is the FM/MP3/Bluetooth/Bluetooth phone answering radio which will work on 6, 8 or 12 volts. That will be ready to release soon and I hope you'll like it. I'm actually very happy with it, despite the time delays associated with anything like this. Odd as it may seem, work on it began about the same time as the condenser project.

Here are a few more things:
1. I'm avoiding PayPal these days. Fees are too high. But a personal check, money order or cash is fine.
2. You still can not buy them in this section. I'll try to keep a posting current in the Swap Meet section...parts for sale.
3. You can send me a PM or email any time. [email protected]
4. Any product produced by any project I do will only be sold here. Not on Etsy, not on eBay, not anywhere else. Once again, I'm not doing this for income.
5. Today it looks a bit different. Because these have been used in trucks, cars, buses, tractors, boats and other applications the design has changed a bit. Also there have been some changes to make these easier and faster to assemble.

That's about it. Images of the condenser as it looks today are below. Thanks again! Also included is a picture of the coming radio...
Attachments
MVC-925F.JPG (11.91 KB, 493 downloads)
MVC-926F.JPG (14.09 KB, 481 downloads)
IMG_9633.JPG (176.98 KB, 482 downloads)

Last edited by Jon G; 08/10/2024 3:27 PM. Reason: included picture...

~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end