Originally Posted by TUTS 59
So far everything I have bee able to find says that both Carburetor's are 1937-1952 series. The one difference that stands out is the size of the "Spring Loaded needle". The 787SB has a 5/16" needle , while the 964S has a 9/32" needle. I'm sure there are other differences that I have not found. For now I want to do a good cleaning and inspection.

These carbs are QUITE different: (1) main body bypasses are machine differently, (2) main metering jets are different, (3) metering rods are different. This is all I checked; probably a lot more differences.

The 787 was released in March of 1950 as an aftermarket carb for 1937~1950 Chevrolet

The 964 was released in November of 1952 as superseding the 787 (with improvements), and was to replace 1937~1952 Chevrolet.

Jon


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop