Originally Posted by TUTS 59
Carl, the 1960 C10 is getting a Lugnutz prepped T5, it has a 3.90 rear gear which will remain. I have a few other things in mind for the engine, it's getting a Melling CCS-1 cam and lifters. I have an "848" head that is being machined. I have no allusions at getting 300 Hp from this engine, just a strong running engine with ample torque.

As for which manifold , well that will require more research. I understand that the carb choice will make or break this build.
If you can, you should install the T5 with a stock intake and single carb and drive it to see how impressed you are with just that.
You might just stop right there.
If you do decide to then go with the dual carbs setup after having driven it with the T5 with no other modifications, you will have a good baseline to determine if the dual setup increases the performance without causing other problems.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission