Maybe I just live a charmed life. ohwell
When I went to fire up my 216 which had been dormant for years in my garage, it fired right up with a rebuilt fuel pump (Then and Now Automotive kit), and rebuilt Carter YF (kit from carbking.) I never even had to prime anything, just cranked it over after putting 5 gallons of gas in the new tank. I did have to clean up the oil mess when the plastic cap over the oil filter return line fitting popped off. I didn't expect that there'd be that much pressure there to dislodge it.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.