I've rebuilt the SM420, installed a newer sbc. While the front clip was off rain found its way into the master brake/clutch cylinder so, that is now new. Two new driveshaft carrier bearings have been installed along with new u-joints. Now I find I need the clutch slave, two front brake lines, maybe cylinders...
Rebuilt the Q-jet carb and fired the engine up to maybe get a little enthusism going only to find the motor runs rough. Compression check reveals #6 hole is weak. Crap! I'm about to throw in the towel and sell her for scrap iron.
I've found a 68 Loadstar 1600 dump in running condition for $1200. I thought I could get the C60 going and know what I had for less but, the Loadstar is looking like a better deal now.
I'm spending all my retired life (and money) searching for parts for this thing.
What started out as a "lets just get her running" has turned into a total resto project.
Sorry for the rant. I figured you guys would understand better than the wife.