Hi Jay D. It sounds like you are working on an interesting and fun project!
I would recommend you head over to "The Turbo Forums" and spend some time reading about how to size a turbo for your project:
www.theturboforums.com/forumsIts a great group of users over there and they are happy to help.
I can tell you up front that based on what you plan to do (mentioned above in your first post), a turbocharger may not be a good fit. You might consider using a roots type supercharger like you mention above used on the 53 sedan.
There are always exceptions, but the general guide for street type use is anything less than 8 pounds of boost is typically more efficient and better suited to a roots type of supercharger, especially at lower RPM’s. Turbochargers really start to become efficient when you need more than 12 pounds of boost and you will be operating at higher RPM’s.
You will learn that anything between 8 to 12 lbs of boost is sort of a gray area for the decision to run a roots type supercharger or a turbocharger.
Again, there are many exceptions to this, but it will be brought up by people a lot smarter than I am when you start to learn more about this subject.
My intentions are not to discourage you in any way. I think what you are trying to do is very cool.
I hope this helps?